What are some home remedies for a bad cough/sore throat other than cough drops and salt water?

David Miller

In brief: My favorite

My favorite is a classic "hot toddy.
" specifically I use a camomile tea with honey, lemon juice and either rum or whiskey (about half-a-shot). The choice of spirits is up to you. The point is to drink a warm liquid that will relax you and open up your airways. (adult only for alcohol, however, lemon, honey, and tea can be used alone for those abstaining or kids.).

In brief: My favorite

My favorite is a classic "hot toddy.
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Okay

Lemon and honey, cayenne pepper laced broths, peppermint extract in warm liquids, a little burbon with honey, perhaps cold liquids, ice creams, sorbets etc, hot lemonade (with a bit of bourbon), and I am sure there are a few herbals that can be used.

In brief: Okay

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Philip Rosenblum

In brief: Top 10

My top 10 1) gargling with strong tea 2) eating citrus fruits 3) curl up with a book 4) take a nap 5) put vicks on you neck or 6) chest 7) eating foods with a lot of garlic 8) chicken soup.
9) watch a funny movie 10) hot bath or shower.

In brief: Top 10

Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Cindy Juster