I just went swimming at the beach and swallowed salt water now I am coughing and have a sore throat. What should I do? I also have allergies n asthma

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: Time

There is nothing special to do for small volume salt water inhalation.
Salt water can be irritating but your body/lungs and throat will be fine in a few hours.

In brief: Time

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Paul Cohen

In brief: Breathe...

First; try to expel the water; as long as you have no difficulty breathing you should be fine.
You may want to drink a cup of warm/hot tea with some honey in it; or a lozenge to soothe your throat...But other than that you should be fine. If there is any doubt in your mind that you are not well then by all means call your doctor and get checked out, or visit your local emergency room.

In brief: Breathe...

Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Vicken Poochikian