Afirma thyroid fna analysis molecular analysis by veracyte-papillary cancer. Is it any good. I am australian, guess costs for me would be too much?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Is cancer

Papillary thyroid.
Carinoma is one of the most common in the thyroid in general with good prognosis. Most likely removal of almost all the thyroid(subtotal) is necessary if the cancer is in early stages. Consult with your oncologist for recommendations.

In brief: Is cancer

Papillary thyroid.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology

In brief: Not necessary

Fna is an excellent tool for diagnosis of thyroid papillaey carcinoma.
Treatment of both positive or suspicious fnas is still surgery. Even if the fna is inconclusive surgery may be needed for cosmetic reasons and definitive diagnosis. I do not use nor recommend this test in my practice at this time.

In brief: Not necessary

Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. William Forsythe