For the past few months, when I am on my menstrual cycle, I continue to have a burning sensation the entire time. This is the only time it happens?

Dr. Megan Bird
In brief: Go see an OB/GYN
There are a few causes of burning with your cycle.
Most of these are easily managed with medications. Unfortunately, an exam would have to be done to accurately diagnose which it is. A gynecologist should be able to do the work up you need.

In brief: Go see an OB/GYN
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Vaginal and cervical infections could cause your symptoms or it could just be how you feel your cramps. Both diagnosis and treatment are likely to fairly straightforward.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: Possible yeast
Many women have a change in the yeast levels in the vagina around the time of their periods.
This happens because our hormone levels drop and this allows more yeast to grow. You may need to use a medication for yeast.

In brief: Possible yeast
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham