When playing golf, my lower back causes me pain ?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: Many causes exist
Low back pain is common in golfers.
Many causes are possible: disc bulging/herniations, muscle strain, facet joint inflammation or ligamentous sprain. Treatments include relative rest and medications for the acute symptoms. For long term relief, strengthen the abdominal (core) and pelvic muscles and stretch the hamstrings and hip flexors. A swing coach/pro can help correct poor technique.

In brief: Many causes exist
Low back pain is common in golfers.
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: Question too vague
But if your lower back hurts during golfing rather than later it would lead me to suspect a vertebral problem. Sometimes a great chiropractor can help or have your doctor take plain films of your back in 2 planes then have you see a pt who specializes in the spine.

In brief: Question too vague
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Golf is not comforta
Playing golf is not comfortable for the the twisting involvef with th lednetterswinh is not physiologic many pros spemd weeks outxwithback injuries.
Work with a swing coach get a less injurios swing(compact)or listen to your body and leave the driver at home.

In brief: Golf is not comforta
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine