What antibiotic or cream should I used for adversed reaction of aldara (imiquimod) cream on my skin, it was inflammed and painful?

Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care

In brief: Quick fix

When our bodies sustain an injury, the immediate response is inflammation (red, hot, tender swelling).
This is the body increasing blood flow to bring healing factors to the area and also the veins expand to carry bad stuff away. The key is to do things that reduce the parts of inflammation such as antiinflammatory medications in the first 24hrs, good skin cream and avoid the sun.

In brief: Quick fix

Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Lawrence Colen
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Antibiotic ointment

Aldara (imiquimod) is used, topically, for treatment of warts or superficial skin cancers/precancerous skin lesions.
If it is working well, ulceration of the treated skin will result after several weeks. Treatment with topical antibacterials will promote uneventful healing. I usually recommend Bacitracin ointment, polysporin ointment or neosporin ointment.

In brief: Antibiotic ointment

Dr. Lawrence Colen
Dr. Lawrence Colen
Dr. Adam Levy