I have a small bump, what feels like a cyst, on the back of my thigh on my hamstring - is that common or could it be something else?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: Dermatofibroma

One of several possibilities include a dermatofibroma which is scar tissue from an infection or bite.
There are also skin tumours which can be cystic in nature. It is impossible without an examination and possible biopsy to tell what this is? Have it checked.

In brief: Dermatofibroma

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: ???

Is it on the skin surface or inside on the muscle? Cysts on the skin durface are really common but not all that common muscle and are usually related to trauma

In brief: ???

Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Paul Cohen

In brief: Hard to say

This could be a cyst; or a fibroma/lipoma.
However; without visualizing it or palpating it it is difficult to say. Best advice is to go to your doctor and have him examine you; this way you can get a definitive answer.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine