I've had jaw pain on the right side right below my ear whenever I open my mouth wide, not when I clench my teeth. It's getting more painful what is it?

Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: TMJ????
It is possible that the disc of the temperomandibular joint (tmj)is dislocated and causing you pain which would occur in mouth opening.
Find a good fellow trained TMJ specialist in your area.

In brief: TMJ????
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Ron E. Bell
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: May be TMD
An exam is needed to diagnose it could be muscle .
Some muscles open the mouth. Others close it. Some do both. Palpating can help find the source by a good diagnostic exam. See a dentist soon for help.

In brief: May be TMD
Dr. Ron E. Bell
Dr. Ron E. Bell
Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: TMJ?
This sounds an awful lot like an atypical form of temporal/mandibular joint disease(commonly referred to as tmj).
Presuming you have no obvious dental issues best advice is to head over to your doctor and have him/her examine it...That way you'll have a clear answer and be placed on appropriate treatment.

In brief: TMJ?
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: Many possibilities
It could be a number of things from tooth related, muscle related, the jaw joint.
.. Ect... You should see a dentist experienced in diagnosing jaw type pain.

In brief: Many possibilities
Dr. John Van der Werff
Dr. John Van der Werff
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: TMD
TMD (disorders of the jaw joint and surrounding structures) likely.
See TMJ expert. Any dentist can be a TMJ expert with the proper training and experience. Most commonly, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, and orofacial pain specialists. Ask your MD, your dentist and your dental society for referrals.

In brief: TMD
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Jonathan Jassey