Is it a fibromyalgia or not?It started with pain in left buttock, then pain in lower back 2months ago but now only cramps in neck&shoulder with hot sen

Dr. Michele Arnold
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Follow criteria
There are criteria for diagnosing fibromyalgia: you must have at least 11 of 18 defined tender points (a rheumatologist or physiatrist can examine these), as well as pain on both the left & right sides of the body, and both above & below the waist for a least 3 months.
Specific symptoms (other than pain) also need to be present. Other conditions need to be ruled out before diagnosing fibromyalgia.

In brief: Follow criteria
Dr. Michele Arnold
Dr. Michele Arnold
Dr. William Dailey
In brief: Not fibromyalgia
These symptoms are not typical of fibromyalgia.
I would get in to see your doctor. If you have known fibromyalgia all bets are off because in my experience the pain pathways in patients with fibromyalgia don't always "behave". The way they do in everyone else.

In brief: Not fibromyalgia
Dr. William Dailey
Dr. William Dailey
Dr. Jane Van Dis