Why do I get headaches when its tme for my period and as soon as I start the headache eases up and sometimes goes away?

Dr. Francine Yep

In brief: Lots of choices

Agree with dr. V.
Lots of choices so you don't have to dread "that time of month." you can prevent menstrual migraines through diet, supplements, exercise, medications, even having your period less often (4 times a year instead of monthly). Lots of choices when you talk with your doc! hope you find a solution that works best for you.

In brief: Lots of choices

Agree with dr. V.
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Menstrual headaches

Menstrual migraines are very common.
Talk to your doctor about prevention strategies, and there are plenty. Several of my patients that have regular periods will take drugs called trip tans, starting a day before and through the 3-5 days their period lasts, that way preventing the headache from happening all together.

In brief: Menstrual headaches

Menstrual migraines are very common.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Eric Weisman