I have a cholestral bump for years now the size of a pea in the corner of eye near nose. Yesterday the whole thing got swollen i cannot go to the doctor I am using hot compresses and polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin).

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: See an eye doctor

There are few home remedies that are effective at treating your condition.
If the spot is on the eye itself, it is likely a growth related to sun exposure (pingueculum or pterygium). It is usually benign but can become irritated. The only effective treatment is removal. Short course of steroid drops may work sometimes, but see an eye doctor in order to get the right treatment.

In brief: See an eye doctor

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology