Ibuprofen gives me an allergic reaction sending me to emergency, acetaminophen makes my asthma act up...What can I safely take for pain relief? 

Dr. Gerald Lee
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: See an allergist
There are different types of allergic reactions to pain medications such as ibuprofen.
One type of reaction causes an asthma attack and severe congestion. Another type triggers hives, especially if you have a history of chronic hives. Finally, you might have a specific allergy only to ibuprofen. An allergist can help you sort through the different types of reactions to see what options you have.

In brief: See an allergist
Dr. Gerald Lee
Dr. Gerald Lee
Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Try tramadol?
It would be helpful to know what kind of pain you have, what part of your body, how severe it is and what is causing it.
But if you haven't tried ultram (tramadol), you could try it.

In brief: Try tramadol?
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe