Should all hospitals use/have a instrument-intraoperative nerve monitor, used to safeguard the recurrent laryngeal nerves during thyroid surgery?

Nerve monitoring. At the present time this is not considered standard of care for routine initial thyroidectomy. Operative technique is more important. Nerve monitoring is an adjunct for primary surgery. In repeat surgery or very complicated cases it would be expected that the surgeon use it. It can be very helpful under those conditions.
Probably not. Would be nice but most of these surgeons are so adept it would be for confirmation of what they already know!
Hmmm... The answer to this question should be yes; but this query should best posed to the administration/medical director/surgical director at the hospital you are questioning.