What is the best medicine for migraines?

Depends... It depends upon the type of migraine; and the rest of your medical history (other conditions, any alleriges?, any other medications that you take, etc.) some neurologists use anaprox ds; others prefer imitrex (sumatriptan)...Usually practitioner preference; again keeping the above about you in mind. Cheers!
Varies by patient. Medicines can be very effective. However, each medicine only works for certain patients. Migraines have a complex etiology. You should be under the care of a neurologist.