My girl friend asked me to check whether if it is ok to read books or to use computers aftre a lasik eye eurgery. She had the surgery last week.?

Dr. Shervin Alborzian
Ophthalmology

In brief: Yes.

Yes. There should be no reason not to use your eyes if you have had successful lasik surgery.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Shervin Alborzian
Dr. Shervin Alborzian
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: When comfortable

There is no need to refrain from using the eyes after laser vision correction surgery, unless the surgeon specifically tells you.
You my resume reading, driving and using your eyes for all your tasks as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. You can get back to most of your activities within 1 or 2 days. Ask your surgeon if you have any specific restrictions.

In brief: When comfortable

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: After a week ok

It should be fine if everything went smoothly and you are a week out from surgery.

In brief: After a week ok

Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
I've never heard of so long. Maybe there was a complication?????!!!'nn
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: No problem

It is fine to read or use computers after lasik.
Just remember to use non-preservative artificial tears to prevent dryness.

In brief: No problem

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Federico Mattioli
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

Yes, reading and computer work are ok.
These activities can lead to dryness of the eyes. Artificial tears and increasing blinking during these and other focused activities can help.

Yes, reading and computer work are ok.
Dr. Federico Mattioli
Dr. Federico Mattioli
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham