I take singular and qvair inhaler for asthma but I have trouble working out how do I control control my asthma while working out. I also spaz when run?

Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: Not controlled
If you are not able to do the things you want to, you asthma is not well-controlled.
There are many ways to achieve this, but it will probably need more meds. If you are not at maximum dose of Qvar (an inhaled steroid) this may be an option. Adding a bronchodilator (albuterol) right before activities may also help. Although not optimal, there are also longer acting bronchodilators.

In brief: Not controlled
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Ask your Dr for an inhaler with the same medicine. It would be more portable and 2 puffs before exercise may be the solution.
Dr. Muhammad Nawaz
In brief: Asthma and Excercise
If it is the asthma causing the difficulty in working out then qvair inhaler can be replaced with advair or symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) which have the long acting beta agonist in addition to inhaler corticosteroid but i guess you need a more objective evaluation with spirometry and bllod allergy testing to see if you need singulair along with these inhalers or not

In brief: Asthma and Excercise
Dr. Muhammad Nawaz
Dr. Muhammad Nawaz
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Rescue inhalers.
Try rescue or short acting bronchodilators before exercise ( albuterol or salbuterol inhalers like ventolin, proair, proventil etc.
) usual 2 puffs before exercise.

In brief: Rescue inhalers.
) usual 2 puffs before exercise.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine