At the tip of my butt crack/ end of my tailbone it stings almost like a stabbing. I havent done anything to it. And im unsure what it could be?

Pilonidal cyst

Shingles
A possibility is a pilonidal cyst, which is tissue that is present since birth and then can become inflammed or infected. This is thought to be a tract of hair tissue that did not properly develop. This needs to be treated surgically. See a doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Normal childbirth Pilonidal cyst Cyst Inflammation Tissue Coccyx Stings Crack cocaine Herpes Herpes zoster

Could be shingles

Open-uri20120708-2288-csnai6
Agree with having it checked. It may be even be the early signs of shingles (herpes zoster). If it is shingles the overlying skin will develop small fluid filled bumps (vesicles) which will occur in clusters and then crust and scab over. Best thing to do is to have it checked.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Shingles Herpes Herpes zoster Skin Coccyx Stings Crack cocaine

answered:

Need medical eval

Shingles
You need to see a doctor. Need to know your history. Any trauma for instance. The pain could be due to so many different things, including tail bone fracture, dislocation, pilonidal cyst, hemorrhoids, referred pain from internal organs...
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Hemorrhoids Dislocation Fracture dislocation Pilonidal cyst Pain Bone Cyst Fracture Coccyx Stings