I had a retina detachment surgery/scleral buckle 3 months ago. Can i sparr in the ring with a head gear that protects me from direct blows to the eye?

Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: No

A retinal detachment is an extremely dangerous event.
You could lose permanent vision in that eye. It also means protecting vision in the other eye very very important. An accidental blow to your head and eye could permanently leave you blind. No amount of head gear can protect you from that. Best wishes.

In brief: No

Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Colin McCannel
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery

In brief: Opinions vary

Persons with retinal detachment (rd) in one eye have a much greater risk of developing a rd in the fellow eye compared to the risk of an average individual.
So always pay attention to symptoms, and seek evaluation. Whether you wrestle or not, that risk is present. I allow my patients to return to full normal activities usually by 6 weeks, definitely by 3 months, except boxing.

In brief: Opinions vary

Dr. Colin McCannel
Dr. Colin McCannel
Dr. Keegan Duchicela