My doctor found 4 masses in my breast and one in my lymph node under my armpit. They have been biopsied could it be cancer?

Dr. Eric Chevlen
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Yes.

If the doctor had thought that cancer were not a POSSIBILITY, he would not have done a biopsy.
So, of course, cancer is a possibility. Only the biopsy will tell you if it's an ACTUALITY. Good luck.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Lawrence Hochman
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Possibly

Your biopsy answer should come quickly.
It's certainly possible that this is a new malignancy. It could also be from a benign cause. Please follow up closely with your doctor!

In brief: Possibly

Your biopsy answer should come quickly.
Dr. Lauren Stegman
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Maybe

You will need to wait to see what the biopsy result show.
There can be non-cancerous causes too, but whenever there are suspicious breast lumps and lymph nodes biopsies are done to make sure they are not cancerous. I wish you the best.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Adam Levy