I'm taking percocet for pain from knee surgery, however it makes me feel very nauseous. Are there any ways to alleviate the nausea or alternmedies?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me explain

Shallow breathing, slow heartbeat; feeling light-headed, fainting; confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior; seizure (convulsions); problems with urination; or nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Those side efects of this medication. For nausa you ask your doctor to give medication call zofran (ondansetron).

In brief: Let me explain

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Mark Rausch
Emergency Medicine

Nausea is a side effect of percocet.
You can try to take the medicine 20 minutes after a meal or with some crackers. Otherwise you may try over the counter medicines like aleve or tylenol (acetaminophen). If this is not working some people have less side effects with vicodin.

Nausea is a side effect of percocet.
Dr. Mark Rausch
Dr. Mark Rausch
Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Post surgical knee

Multiple medication choices other than percocet.
Also ice is help full. Don't put it directly on skin and only do for 20 minutes at a time. Call you surgeons office for request of med change due to nausea.

In brief: Post surgical knee

Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Dr. Peter Kurzweil