My heart beats faster suddenly even when I am resting. I'm sure not anxiety. Pulse is fast but weak. Why is this happening?

Let me ask you. Are you sleeping well at night? Is your daytime energy level adequate or low? Do you have panic attacks or ever been treated for anxiety or depression? How fast does the pulse get? Does it go to 150 and stay there or do you just notice this in your chest? Do you get headaches often?
Need cardiac tests. One may be unaware of anxiety that can cause this. But it is very important first to rule out an underlying cause, such as a mild valve problem (quite common). First step is an exam and ekg in office. Your md might then recommend a wearable ekg.