What do you think about saving the cord blood at birth?

In brief: Promising area
As a human product that would otherwise be tossed out & incinerated, i think the prospect of having cord blood stem cells around for study or future use is great.
One of my hospitals is collecting donated cord blood for storage at no cost to the parents & hopefully such a source could provide banked stem cells for treatment of unrelated persons in the future, like donated blood is now.

In brief: Promising area
2 comments
Dr. Paul Cohen
I think it is a grand idea; believe in the technology and the premise behind it. For more info check out www.viacord.com(or google viacord)
Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia
Is a grand idea , as MD encourage the patients,when they are asking for, to found and learn more about this technology.
Dr. David Wyatt
In brief: Fine
With all the promising stem cell research happening - i say why not? - you may or may not use - but at least its available.
..

In brief: Fine
..
Dr. David Wyatt
Dr. David Wyatt
Dr. Paul Cohen
Google "Viacord" for more information; just one of many services that offer cord blood banking; i love the premise and the technology behind it.
Dr. Adam Levy