Can coffee help you lose weight?

In brief: Maybe, maybe not

Drinking coffee (choose a coffee drink with no sugar or fat, and little caffeine) can help with weight loss if it is substituting for drinks that contain more calories.
Drinking coffee, tea, or water before a meal can also fill up the stomach somewhat, and make a person satisfied with a smaller meal. If substituting coffee for non-fat milk, one would need another source for vitamin d and calcium.

In brief: Maybe, maybe not

Dr. Vance Harris

In brief: Weight loss

Using coffee to lose weight is a really bad idea.
Study after study shows that the only effective weight loss program is lifestyle modification. Exercise more and eat fewer calories. Try and find foods that you like, made from ingredients with low calories. I highly recommend the "now eat this! diet" book. I think it's fantastic and use it in my practice all of the time.

In brief: Weight loss

Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Paul Cohen

In brief: Possibly

Coffee is a stimulant because of the caffeine; and though it may help your metabolism along; it is not without risk.
..Stomach upset/ulceration primarily among them. Best to check in with your doctor about the best way for you to accomplish weight loss...Low fat diet/exercise is usually a good way to go.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Jack Hinkle