Why is it importent to lose weight before getting pregnant ? I'm at my 30th. 172m and 107k (metric system)

Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: All about baby...
The reason everyone tells people to be at an appropriate weight before getting pregnant is that it is usually recommended to gain between 20-35 lbs.
During pregnancy(depending upon body type) and there are problems that occur if one is too heavy(hypertension, diabetes, etc.) which are more risky to both the baby, and the mom to be, if they occur during the pregnancy. Ask your ob/gyn about this!

In brief: All about baby...
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Reduce risk
Research indicates obesity adversely affects the chances of conceiving a baby and carrying it full term, but weight loss of as little as 5% can improve fertility and the health of both the parents and baby.

In brief: Reduce risk
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham