I have a sharp pain in my shoulder. I can dislocate it and pop it back in. What should I do?

Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine
In brief: See an orthopedist
If you can "pop" your shoulder in and out at will without any past history of injury then you may be classified as a voluntary dislocator. Generally nonoperative mangement is advised such as therapy.
However, if it becomes unbearable/painful or if you had history of injury resulting in shoulder dislocation then surgery may be an option if non-operative means have failed to control your symptoms.

In brief: See an orthopedist
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Christopher Dowd
In brief: See your doctor
That sounds like an issue you should see your doctor about.
Suggest you do so sooner rather than later to try to decrease your chances of long-term consequences.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Adam Miner
In brief: Heat,rest,see Ortho
While heat and rest can help, you may have recurring anterior shoulder dislocation.
This can cause progressive damage. Best to see an orthopedist and be checked out.

In brief: Heat,rest,see Ortho
Dr. Adam Miner
Dr. Adam Miner
Dr. DAVID AMOS
In brief: Shallow shoulder suc
Same problem you have on your hip, shallow shoulder or poor shoulder support, you must see on orthopedic surgeon.

In brief: Shallow shoulder suc
Dr. DAVID AMOS
Dr. DAVID AMOS
Dr. William Dailey
In brief: Get it checked
Sounds like you need that shoulder checked.
Possibly some damage or just laxity that may need either some therapy or even surgery.

In brief: Get it checked
Dr. William Dailey
Dr. William Dailey
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine