I coughed and something popped in my neck and now it hurts I can barely move?

David Miller
In brief: OMM
I would find a local do for some osteopathic manipulation.
While it could be a muscle strain, it could just as easily bea that your neck is "out of whack" (analagous to "throwing out" your back). Some omm is just the thing to get it back in whack.

In brief: OMM
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: Usually a muscle
Usually this is from a strained muscle and will get better with time, massage, and alternating heat/cold.
Rarely this could cause slipped disk, but usually only if you already had something wrong there. Try some muscle rub, gentle stretching, and anti-inflammatory medication (ibuprofen). See your dr if it doesn't improve.

In brief: Usually a muscle
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Peter Kurzweil