My 4yo had a chest xray, a doc reviewed it said "she has what heart defect?"-uhm, none. Even tho shallow breath view, should I follow up? Yessleepapnea

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Well...
Although, some heart defects may reveal themselves on the xray, i would get an official radiologist's read on that first.
If it appears to be suspicious for a heart defect, then i would go ahead and work it up further with echocardiogram or referral to a heart specialist. The accepted guidelines say - referral to cardiologist.

In brief: Well...
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Was the ECHO a year ago diagnostic for heart defects?
Dr. Charlene Sojico
In brief: WHEN IN DOUBT
Reading x-rays can be very subjective, and one would need additonal history to get the right readings.
When in doubt, get a second opinion or refer to a pediatric cardiologist to sort things out.

In brief: WHEN IN DOUBT
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology