Why would a rash turn into a bruise?

Dr. Clarence Wimberly

In brief: Rash bruise

My guess is that you are scratching the rash causing bleeding under the layer of skin which is the bruise.

In brief: Rash bruise

Dr. Clarence Wimberly
Dr. Clarence Wimberly
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Scratching can bruise but rashes can bruise without scratching too. Vasculitis / capillaritis have been discussed in my separate answer.
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: Deeper damage

There may be damage to the underlying blood vessels which os called vascultis.
This os a reaction pattern to drugs, or infection and my be associated to certain forms of arthritis. Ot is best ot see a dermatologist for a workup and possible biopsy fifths persists.

In brief: Deeper damage

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology

In brief: Bruise rash

Some rashes are called capillaritis.
An inflammation of the vessels causes leakage of blood cells out int the dermis which causes a bruise. These usually occur on the legs but other rashes, some virally induced or bacterial, and diseases such as rocky mountain sotted fever. See a doctor to evaluate your rash.

In brief: Bruise rash

Some rashes are called capillaritis.
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton