My daughte got her MMR today and broke iout in hives. Is this a common reaction? If so how bad is it? Should I be concerned? Should  i halt future vax

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: 1st or 2nd MMR?
Hives after MMR booster occurs rarely and have been reported to be due to traces of gelatin in the vaccine.
Mmr vaccine is grown on gelatin. Hives in children with egg allergy receiving MMR vaccine is exceedingly rare. In either case bring this reaction to the attention of your pediatrician. An antihistamine may be prescribed. A referral to any allergist for evaluation may also be helpful.

In brief: 1st or 2nd MMR?
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Joseph Hermann
Are you sure it was hives she experienced? It is normal in some people to experience a rash after an MMR, a common and benign side effect of the vaccine. I would not be overly concerned about her receiving future vaccines; the benefits almost always outweigh the risks.
Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: Don't stop vaccines
About 5% of chldren develop a rash after their first mmr.
This doesn't necessarily indicate an allergy, and benefits of getting vaccinated usually outweigh the risk except with severe allergic responses (breathing problems, etc). Typically these go away in a few days but if your child shows any more worrisome signs (wheezing, fever), let your dr know immediately.

In brief: Don't stop vaccines
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. DAVID AMOS
In brief: Hives
Call your pediatrician and may to report this to immuniztion registry.

In brief: Hives
Dr. DAVID AMOS
Dr. DAVID AMOS
Dr. Jonathan Jassey