How fast can tolerance build to hydrocodone, xanax, (alprazolam) and carisoprodol?

Dr. Shobhana Patodia
Anesthesiology

In brief: Depends

Continue taking these medications for over six weeks will get you tolerance to it.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Shobhana Patodia
Dr. Shobhana Patodia
Dr. Rita Agarwal
It varies for each person, but over 10 days and tolerance will occur in most people
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine

In brief: See below

I always tell my patients that 48 hours on an opioid can result in a withdrawal syndrome.
It is less clear how quick out will develop on a sedative but certainly tolerance will develop after a few weeks to a month or so even with low level usage as long as usage is consistant.

In brief: See below

Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser

In brief: Fast!

No matter how quickly or slowly dependency builds up, it is almost always faster than one is aware--it is in the nature of dependency to interfere with one's judgement.
Soma (carisoprodol) may be the subtlest in this regard. I always recommend people using these medications not to self-supervise.

In brief: Fast!

Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Eric Weisman