I am pregnant and have developed a cough with some phlegm. Is there anything OTC I can take? I have chest congestion and its painful to cough.

Yes. You can take Robitussin and tylenol (acetaminophen) safely. You can also use saline nasal spray. You should talk to your doctor about taking decongestants.
Cough expectorants. Look for otc cough medicine that has guaifenesin, which helps bring up phlegm, and dextromethorphan which is cough suppressant. Here's link to list of otc medications safe in pregnancy & breastfeeding: http://womenshealthfremont.Com/webdocuments/medications-in-pregnancy.Pdf.
Tylenol (acetaminophen) Products. Generally anything with tylenol (acetaminophen) in the name is considered safe. Tylenol (acetaminophen) cold and sinus, for example. For worsening symptoms such as fevers, see your doctor.