How do I lower my crp? It is currently 0.16 (above average risk). I am a healthy young male in my late 20s

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Why bother?

You don't want to chase a lab but to treat the patient.
I am not sure why you had it done to begin with. If you have no symptoms and/or other abnormalities (high cholesterol, abnormal ecg) and other risk factors (family history), smoking, then abnormal CRP should not be a concern. If you have many risk factors and symptoms, your physician should lay out a prevention program for you.

In brief: Why bother?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Michael Borookhim

In brief: No simple answer

What you do is what we all should do.
Eat wisely. Low fat, low cholesterol, lots of fruits and vegetables. Stay thin. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Don't smoke. If you have a strong family history or other medical conditions the story will potentially change. Also if you are above the age of 40 with other risk factors or family history the story can change.

In brief: No simple answer

What you do is what we all should do.
Dr. Michael Borookhim
Dr. Michael Borookhim
Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Sounds normal

First the level of 0.
16 to my knowledge of hs-crp is normal. Elevated CRP is really nonspecific and if there's no chronic health problem, i wouldn't worry about it. A simple cold could elevate it, for instance. If you are really worried, check it periodically to see the trend.

In brief: Sounds normal

First the level of 0.
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Vasu Brown
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Vit E

CRP is a marker of chronic inflammation vit e as deltatocopherol will help the other factors - nf kappa blockers like kapparrest, intenzyme, bromelain will help redraw the levels in 4 weeks to see the response.
It is bad if LDL is high with CRP sign of atherosclerosis - use cats claw, zeaxanthin and lutein to improve blood flow.

In brief: Vit E

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Irv Loh
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Statins, if required

Crp, or more specifically, hs-crp, is a cardiac or vascular marker for vascular inflammation.
Epidemiologic data suggests a strong link to future cardiovascular events, but unclear if causal. Active clinical trials have suggested relationship (e.g., jupiter trial), but still bit controversial; ongoing trials may be more definitive. Statins best, but other agents may be also used if validated.

In brief: Statins, if required

Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology