I have a sharp pain as if something stabbing me on only the upper right side of my back same spot, I can't lay down with it hurting. What you suggest i?

In brief: See your physician

This type of pain is non-specific and needs to be evaluated.
You should see your physician as soon as possible. He/she will determine the tests you need - blood, urine, and imaging - after a history and physical exmination have been performed. This could be a kidney stone; however, there are many other possible causes including something as benign as a muscle spasm or as serious as an aneurysm.

In brief: See your physician

Dr. Howard Adler
Dr. Howard Adler
Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Alleve

Not clear what the issue is although it appears to be a musculoskeletal injury or possible lipoma (fat tissue development).
Suggest trying alleve, advil or tylenol (acetaminophen). Also can try a heating pad for that area. If the problem persist or if there urinary problems, suggest seeing your primary care doctor.

In brief: Alleve

Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: Options

This could be muscular or pleuritic pain (inflammation of the lining of the lung).
I would start with anti inflammatory medications such as Motrin or advil (ibuprofen) for 48 to 72 hours. If no improvement or if you have shortness of breath you need to be evaluated with a chest xray.

In brief: Options

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: Need more info

Place of pain, how long , radiation , history of injury ? Any other symptoms like in the shoulder or abdomen? Any fever? Ever had it before ?

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology