What is the difference between jungian and freudian psychoanalysis?

Collective uncn's. While both analyze patients' unconscious thoughts, feelings, and fantasies, freudians see symbolic meaning as idiosyncratic to the individual, while jungians believe some symbolisms are "collective" or shared within and across cultures via mythology etc. Dream symbolism is a particular focus of jungian analysis. There are many theoretical differences. And jungians often use chairs, not a couch.
Jung vs Freud. In a nutshell. Freud recognized the biological and childhood developmentl turns particularly of attachment and sexuality that result in neurosis in the adult. Jung observed personality structures evident in history and myth called archetypes that present challenges or conflict in adult life. A therapist will make interpretations of a patient's behavior based on these theories.
Surprising answers. I'm surprised by the answers from other docs. "freudian" and "jungian" sound like ideas from a psych 101 textbook written by someone who knows little about psychoanalysis. Psychoanalysis has had a century of evolution since freud/jung. I (as a psychoanalyst) would not go to anyone who claims to practice "freudian" or "jungian" psychoanalysis. They belong in a history book, not a therapy practice.
Not so much, really. Freud brought psychoanalysis to the world of mental illness, the bedrock of understanding mental illness. Other analysts were involved as well, including jung, fleshing out the skeleton freud built. Both relied on dream interpretation. Freud emphsized the conscious preconscious & unconscious mind, using hypnosis to get there. Jung, an analytic psychologist added collective unconscious to that.
Middle age. Jung used, and jungians generally still use, freud's ideas when working with younger people. This means that both attend closely to childhood influences and adaptations that leave their mark in adulthood. Jung focused distinctively on changes that occur in midlife, when previously unlived, often creative or spiritual, impulses press for expression. These often take "mythic" symbolic form.
Similar but differen. Freud bases more on childhood subconscious that incorporates into behavior and feeling and attitudes buried in the sub conscious. Jung was a student of freud and also believed in the influence of the unconscious on the whole person. He puts a lot of emphasis on dreams.
Ask each type. If you ask 10 Freudians about what psychoanalysis means to them, you will get 10 or more different answers. Much the same could be said about the Jungians. I would say consult with one or more of each type of analyst.