Do iron supplements cause metallic taste in mouth?

Yes, possibly. There may be taste changes with taking iron supplements... Are you taking them just as a supplement ? Or in treatment of a true iron deficiency. If you are getting too much iron - side effects may be worse.. Check with your md before taking too much iron. The other main side effect of iron supplementation is constipation - very important to take with at least 60-80 oz water a day and fiber!
Yes, they can. Iron supplements are certainly capable of causing a metallic taste. A simple test would be to stop taking the supplement for a couple days and see if the taste lessens or goes away completely. Then start taking it again and see if it comes back.
Sure. Make sure you aren't taking too much iron. If you are a male taking iron supplements, i would confirm you need to take them. Because men don't menstruate, we don't usually have anemia (no blood loss). Confirm with your physician your need for iron supplements.