Will i feel better after the initial dialysis treatment?

Dr. Jason Cogdill
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Some but not perfect

For individuals that start dialysis due to uremic symptoms (symptoms of kidney failure), the first to go away is the nausea and vomiting.
That goes away the first or second session. Loss of appetite and itching quickly resolve next. Fatigue plagues many peolpe dialysis or not, and while many improve, few have complete freedom from fatigue once starting dialysis. Good luck.

In brief: Some but not perfect

Dr. Jason Cogdill
Dr. Jason Cogdill
Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: So many factors!

This is a complicated question, with many answers.
Much depends on how you are feeling now. My guess is that you will feel better, but gradually. On the other hand, if you have become ill very abruptly with acute-on-chronic renal failure, the improvement may be dramatic. I think it is likely that you will have good days and less good days. Dialysis is a mixed bag, but better than the alternative.

In brief: So many factors!

Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko