Is it safe to take tylenol (acetaminophen) while pregnant?

Yes. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is category b, indicating an acceptable safety. Acetaminophen, the active ingredient in tylenol (acetaminophen) is also in many other products, like cold and sinus rx. Always read the ingredients and take care not to exceed the recommended daily amount, it can be toxic to the liver, pregnant or not.
See doctor first. Majority of headaches are not serious. However, headaches in pregnancy should get evaluated by your doctor because headaches could be the result of elevated blood pressure or other causes. Once the rare but important conditions have been assessed you doctor might allow you to use tylenol (acetaminophen). Your doctor will not allow Aspirin or Ibuprofen or other nsaids because they can hurt the baby.