I have pain on my right knee cap when I put direct pressure on it ( when I kneel on the ground) it doesn't hurt 2 run or lift weights.What could it be?

Dr. James Chen
Sports Medicine

In brief: Cartilage wear

You may have patellofemoral syndrome or wear of the cartilage under the kneecap, also called chondromalacia patella.
Physical therapy for quadriceps vastus medialis strengthening would likely help any symptoms. If you are able to run without pain then it would be considered mild.

In brief: Cartilage wear

Dr. James Chen
Dr. James Chen
Dr. Robert Stuart

In brief: Patellofemoral dys.

What you are experiencing is probably due to either prepatellar bursitis (some swelling on the outside of the patella) or inflammation of the back of the patella where is contacts the groove in the femur. A physician can help sort this out for you.

In brief: Patellofemoral dys.

Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. J. patrick Tokarz

In brief: Many things

There are several conditions that can cause the symptoms that you described.
Although some may be benign, there are others that should be treated. I suggest you see your primary care doctor as soon as these symptoms appear.

In brief: Many things

Dr. J. patrick Tokarz
Dr. J. patrick Tokarz
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine