What age can my toddler/baby sleep with a blanket safely? 

Dr. Natalie Hodge
In brief: 6 months
The risk of SIDS greatly drops around six months.
It is ok to sleep with a blanky at this time. I'd still stick with a flat, silky kind of blanket, nothing super fluffy. You can try tucking it in on the sides of the crib at his chest level.

In brief: 6 months
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
In brief: 6 month
At 6 months, a baby is out of the greatest risk for sids and can easily roll out from under a blnaket.

In brief: 6 month
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: 6 months
Generally speaking, a baby should be able to free themselves if their face gets covered or they get choked.
For most babies this is around 6 months. The peak incidence for sids is 4 -16 weeks, so during that time it is especially important for your baby to sleep on their back with nothing extra in the crib. Even afterwards if the temperature is comfortable a blanket shouldn't be necessary.

In brief: 6 months
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Why????
Why does a baby ever need a blanket? If the room temperature is reasonable, the pajamas are warm, i see no need for a blanket.
There are safer things to use for comfort.

In brief: Why????
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond