Should I get a flu shot?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Your decision
If you belong to a vulnerable health group, such as elderly (65+) or/and have chronic health conditions, such as diabetes, lung disease, immune system disorder, asthma or any lung condition, you should get vaccinated.
Also, if you liver or care for people with above conditions and they may catch it from you, you want to protect them by getting the shot. Otherwise, it is your decision.

In brief: Your decision
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Also, I failed to mention heart disease (congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease etc.), which is a "biggie" in that patients with those are at higher risk for hospitalization and death if sick with the flu.
In brief: I did.
If you get the flu - you will wish you had.
Influenza vaccine is contraindicated in infants less than 6 months old, if you have a high fever or if you have had a past severe allergic reaction to the vaccine.

In brief: I did.