Is it safe to take retin-a while pregnant?

NO. Retin a (tretinoin) is a drug for the treatment of acne and is not safe to take during pregnancy as it is known to cause defects in the developing fetus. Dermatologists recommend the use of two forms of contraception while taking retina. If a pregnancy is suspected or occurs while taking this drug. Your ob/gyn should be contacted immediately.
No. The fda labeling does not consider retina or other retinoids safe in pregnancy. You can use over the counter benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid preparations. Prescription benzoyl peroxide or Erythromycin is safe, because Erythromycin is safe orally. Some women acne will i prove in pregnancy. Machines such as claro are also safe in pregnancy- heat only.
Retin-A. No! Retin-A is a category c medication. This means animal studies show adverse fetal effects but no controlled human studies or no animal or human studies. Do not use Retin-A while pregnant.