Is there a over-the-counter treatment for ringworm so I don't have to pay my doctor for a rx?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Lamisil, (terbinafine) etc
There are many different antifungal creams available including lotrimin, mica tin, lamisil, (terbinafine) undecalynic acid.
These all work but different strains of fungus may respond better to one rather than another. Unfortunately you can tell in advance which will wor best. If it is feet, body or groin treat whole area for a minimum of 2 weeks. For resistant cases you may need prescription meds.

In brief: Lamisil, (terbinafine) etc
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: Lotrimin (clotrimazole)
Using lotrimin (clotrimazole) cream twice a day can sometimes work.
I usually recommend continuing it several days after complete resolution. Ringworm on the scalp, and if it is resistant to this therapy - see your doctor.

In brief: Lotrimin (clotrimazole)
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen