I have been trying to conceive for 2 years. I have done 3 rounds of Clomid (clomiphene) with no luck. I have another appointment next week. What are my next option?

Dr. Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Consult
Many questions would still need to be answered: your age, have you completed all tests such as a hsg( hysterosalpingogram), sa (semenanalysis) on your partner, amh level or fsh, lh and estradiol, do you ovulate on Clomid (clomiphene) by testing a progesteron level? If you have not had these tests, make sure you do and then have another consult.
If there are issues then you might see an infertility specialist.

In brief: Consult
Dr. Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
Dr. Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
Dr. Scott Roseff
Fertility Medicine
In brief: I have questions...
Were you monitored on clomid (clomiphene)? If you didn't have blood hormone testing and ultrasound monitoring, it could be why you didn't conceive.
Do you have regular menstrual cycles? If so, Clomid (clomiphene) is designed for women who don't ovulate... Have you seen a board certified reproductive endocrinologist? They specialize in finding out why you're not pregnant to best help you conceive.

In brief: I have questions...
Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Check workup
Make sure all tests were completed including your hsg or dye test, a semenanalysis on your husband, an amh level to check your ovarian reserve, TSH and prolactin levels.
Did they see how many follicles you had on Clomid (clomiphene) by doing an ultrasound at midcycle? Did they do inseminations? Did they check your Progesterone level day 22 or 7 days after supposed ovulation? Ask those questions & get back to.

In brief: Check workup
Dr. Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
Dr. Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: IVF?
Without knowing the details of your case; and if you have exhausted all other options; then most likely either in vitro fertilization; or adoption will be your next step.
It is really difficult to offer advise through cyber space because the devil is in the details; and without knowing all of them commenting is really hard. Best advise is be positive; and have your doctor guide you. Good luck!

In brief: IVF?
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Adam Levy