Should I use an ACE wrap or ankle brace for my sprained ankle?

Ankle sprain. You can use either a brace or an ace bandage. A brace should be used for a more severe sprain.
Case by case. Ace bandages are relatively cheap and can be purchased at any drug store and cost between 2-5 dollars. They lose their elasticity though and will need to be replaced often. The rigid brace virtually immobilizes the ankle joint, a special advantage during the first few hours after injury. One drawback is that a rigid ankle brace may not be immediately available.