Why do I have a pain in my back that moves to my front chest plate?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Difficult
We need to know more of your history like age and previous medical problems.
I would like to make sure you do not have a thoracic aneurysm that may be dissecting ( if the pain is severe and like ripping something inside). You really need to be examined by a physician. You need at least chest x ray. Utnprobably a ct or MRI good luck.

In brief: Difficult
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
In brief: Depends
Most of the time back pain (originating in the spine or spinal nerves) can move along nerves under the ribs known as intercoastals.
Thus pain starting in the back can move to the front of te chest. Muscular injury to back muscles can also "radiate" to your chest as well. I would start with a trial of anti-inflammatory medications and of no improvement seek medical eval.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology