What do I do for sore throat while pregnant? My husband just got over having a cold/flu and I woke up with a sore throat this morning.

Dr. Christopher Dowd

In brief: A few things

You'd want to make sure you don't have strep throat, especially if you're having fevers and feel lousy.
That's a fairly simple test that your doctor can do in the office, and if positive you'd need antibiotics. Symptomatic treatment while pregnant can include gargling, throat lozenges and limited tylenol (acetaminophen). Rest and adequate fluids can also help.

In brief: A few things

Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Gargle salt &water

You may try gargles of salt and water. Most likely it is a viral pharyngitis which does not require antibiotics.
I believe that Acetaminophen (check with pharmacist or OB dr), for that discomfort or pain is not contraindicated during pregnancy especially during 2nd or 3rd trimester .To rule out strep throat or other conditions you need a throat culture. The ideal is to be seen by your dr.

In brief: Gargle salt &water

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Vicken Poochikian