I have a severe insomnia and headache. What should I do? Thanks.

Start with a good GP. Sleep disorders are among the most common, the most significant, most under-treated of medical conditions in america today. Headache may be anything from a symptom of stress, muscle tension, poor sleep habit to a brain tumor. If this is scaring you: good. You need a thorough general medical check-up, complete blood work, and then appropriate referrals. You will not be able to do this alone.
Eval + sleep hygiene. I agree with dr. Kurzweil. Start with your physician. A consult with a sleep specialist & polysomnogram are sometimes indicated. In the meantime, you can focus on good sleep hygiene. 1. Keep a regular bedtime & wakening time (to include weekends). Get up the same time each day, regardless of what time you fell asleep. 2. Make a regular, relaxing bedtime routine. Relaxing rituals prior to bedtime.