I need to get my breast examination done. Which doctorshould I go to?

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Primary care or gyn
The provider you go to for general check ups or see first for common or puzzling problems is referred to as your primary care provider. For adults this is usually a nurse practitioner, or a doctor specialized in family practice or internal medicine.
These providers, or gynecologists (see only females generally) are the ones to see for breast exams. Sometimes int med doctors don't do this, though.

In brief: Primary care or gyn
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: General Surgeon
Primary care physicians, gynecologists and general surgeons are the ones who examine breasts the most.
If you have a palpable lump no matter what age you are you will end to be examined by a general( breast) surgeon ( if your insurance allow it save time and fo go to the surgeon) after the mammogram and ultrasound of the breast are done. Most gynecologist don't do surgery of the breast.

In brief: General Surgeon
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Behnam Kashanchi
In brief: OB/GYN
Ob/gyn.

In brief: OB/GYN
Ob/gyn.
Dr. Behnam Kashanchi
Dr. Behnam Kashanchi
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
family physicians and Internal Medicine Doctors are qualified to perform this as well. It should be your preference and whom you are most comfortable with in performing it for you.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice
In brief: Pcp or gynecologist
I would go to your family doctor or pcp or gynecologist.
It's who ever you feel most comfortable to see you and examine you. It's a personal choice.

In brief: Pcp or gynecologist
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham