What should I be eating if I want to maintain a healthy diet?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: A balanced diet

You should adjust your diet to maintain a healthy weight and make sure it is well balanced in carbohydrates, proteins (from fish, nuts, no-fat yogurt) and have limited amount of fats in it.
I would advise more of plant based foods with ample veggies, grains and fruits (very important part of diet, in my view). Avoid meat heavy diets they are outright unhealthy due to excess saturated fats in them.

In brief: A balanced diet

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Nutrient dense foods

Eat foods that are nutrient dense (like meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cheese, low starch vegatables and water) avoid foods that are not nutrient dense (like starches and sugars, including fruit) nutrient dense foods will increase your basal metabolic rate.
On the other hand, starches and sugars impair thyroid metabolism via affects on your liver (which helps activate thyroid hormone).

In brief: Nutrient dense foods

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman