The+ball+of+my+foot+is+swollen and hurts?

Ball of foot pain. Numerous conditions can cause this. See a podiatrist and get an x-ray and maybe an mri. Conditions can include but, not limited to a stress fracture, cyst, even tumor.
Arch support. The most common cause of this condition is flat feet! the tendon that connects the ball of the foot to the heel gets over stretched. It can be hobbling. Arch supports are a simple solution that reduces the tension. But you should see a specialist to confirm this. Not every diagnosis is the common one. To help confirm: is it worse in the morning after you awaken and start walking?